Friday, July 20, 2012

First Beach trip...sort of.

Since I'm not a fan of Galveston beaches, I have never taken Mackenzie down to see a beach.  So, I was a little surprised when a friend of ours invited us to their community "beach club".  It's similar to Palm beach in Galveston where it's basically a chlorinated pool with sand all around.  Since poor Mackenzie has never really played in sand (I know, "bad momma") either, I wasn't sure how she was going to react to the "beach" but I thought we should at least try.  Mackenzie was very excited to go and the only complaint she had was in the very beginning when she said the sand was getting in her shoes.  I told her that's what happens at the beach and she said okay and didn't say another word about it.  Other than that initial complaint, she LOVED it!  She has really enjoyed playing in the water lately and doesn't have to be right near me the entire time.  Since it had the dry sand and wet sand portion (just like a real beach) along with a zero entry pool, she could stand up and play without it getting too deep for her.  When she felt like it, she just grabbed her float and kicked on over to to where I was holding Meredith, although it was so shallow, I think she partially could walk there too.

And as no surprise to me, Meredith loved the sand too.  She even decided it would be great to taste a handful of sand!  I had put her down in the dry sand to let her play with her little friend while I took a picture of the big girls.  When I came back over she was kind of whining at me and when I looked a little closer she had "mud" oozing out of her mouth.  I washed it out and then she was content to go swimming again.
 




Mackenzie was a little bummed when we left, but I didn't think we would stay that long, so I didn't pack a lunch for us (mainly Meredith).  We will definitely go back again (if we are invited) and this time I will bring lunch so we can stay a little longer. ;)

I know she should experience a real beach at some point soon, but I guess I'm holding out for clear blue water without seaweed...for me and her both! ;)  For now, I'll stick with the pretend beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...