Friday, June 1, 2012

Random thoughts and funny stories

Random story time!  Yay!!! ;)

-I always thought I'd have problems with Meredith waking up Mackenzie during the night.  As it turns out, I have the opposite problem.  Mackenzie woke up twice last night and called/yelled for me.  The first time at 3:00am, I made her go back to sleep by herself and Meredith only stirred a little, so no harm done.  Well, no harm done to me.  Brandon, on the other hand, has a hard time going back to sleep when she wakes us up, so he played on the ipad while I put my eye mask back on and went back to sleep.  The second time she woke up it was 4:45 or 5:00 (I think), I brought her back to our bed.  Two minutes later, Meredith was crying.  Brandon asked me if I was going to bring her in with us and I said, "no, she just needs her sister to stop waking her up."  Yep, I might have been a little passive aggressive, but it was 5:00 in the morning and the girls don't usually wake up for good until 6:45-7:00 and I was still sleepy. ;)  Luckily, all Meredith needed was her pasi and her lovey and she went right back to sleep.  The rest of us slept until Brandon's alarm went off and then we all got up.  Normally, Mackenzie waking up occasionally wouldn't be an issue, but since she has woken up every night this week and most of last week too, it's becoming a little annoying.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but I hope it's just a phase and it passes soon!


-Monday evening we went to Academy to look around and then had dinner at Arby's.  I know all of you are soooo jealous of our fabulous Memorial day! ;)  Anyways, when we were leaving Arby's, Mackenzie didn't want to go home yet and said, "I want to go to the place with the place".  She didn't really know where she wanted to go, but it was not home.  It reminded me of when my little brother used to ask if we could go to the "place with the menus".  Obviously, we didn't eat out a lot when he was little! ;)


-Last night, Mackenzie informed me that she couldn't eat 10 green beans because then she'd "have a belly like yours".  I laughed and asked if that meant a big belly.  She smiled sweetly and said yes.  Thanks sweetie, I'll go work out now!


-When I get onto Meredith, I clap to get her attention and then say "no no".  Now that she can clap and shake her head, I usually get one of those two actions in response.  Not really what I'm going for, but at least I know she can hear me! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love, "the place with the place". I've been saying it all day! :)

    I would love to see Meredith clapping and shaking her head "no".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...