Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cricut love!

My grandmother recently gave me her Cricut machine.


At first I didn't really do anything with it since I wasn't scrapbooking, but as I started planning for the girls' birthday party, I realized it is going to be sooooo wonderful to have this machine!  I had never used one before, so I wasn't fully aware of what it could do, but as I looked through the cartridge books that she gave me, I found that it can do quite a lot!  I'll definitely be using it for the banners and some garland I want to make.  I will probably also use it for food tray tags and possibly goody bag tags.

I've only done a few of the banner pieces so far, but I'm very excited about them.  Since the party is candy land themed, we have lots of bright colors.  I haven't cut all of the letters out, but I will do one banner for Mackenzie and another for Meredith.  I'm planning to hang these over the fire place.  Last year I spent hours cutting out letters for the different banners I made, but this time, it should take no time at all and they will all be uniform!

I also need to make a Happy Birthday one, but I think I need it to be a little bigger and I want to use a Candyland font I found, so I'll probably make that by hand.

One of the ideas I found on pinterest is garland like this...
or this...

I'm still trying to decide exactly how big I want the circles.  Big would be cute, but I'm planning to put it in front of the playroom entry, so I would need A LOT of circles/paper.  I think the little ones might be cute and still offer a distraction to the non-decorated playroom.  Cutting circles is easy with the cricut, so the only hard and time consuming thing will be putting it together.  I need to do a little test on one strand before I cut out a ton of circles and then find out it doesn't work as well as I thought it would.

So now that I've discovered the Cricut, I've been eyeing other sets.  There are so many that it's hard to choose just one or two.

These rosettes would be cute for cards and packages...
These tags could probably be used for almost anything...
"Let's celebrate" - yep, I could use this for years to come and not just for birthday parties, but birthday cards too!
I could definitely use these for future events at the house or make them small for greeting cards or scrapbooking...

What do you think?  Do you have a cricut?  Do you have a favorite cartridge set?  What garland would you make for the party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...