Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby books and pictures

Since Meredith's first tooth came in, I pulled out her baby book to write in the date.  When I looked a little more at the book, I realized I hadn't updated anything since she was about 6 weeks old!  I was able to add dates for crawling, clapping, pulling up, sleeping through the night...quite a bit actually.  Her book also has a place for monthly updates, but since I do monthly updates on the blog, I had forgotten all about her book.  It looks like I have some catching up to do.  The good thing is, I have the blog to help me along!  I think I have pictures printed for the first 4 months, but I haven't ordered any pictures since February, which means I need to order pictures from February to May. 

For years I have uploaded pictures to and ordered prints from Kodak Gallery, but they are closing now.  They are transferring my pictures to Shutterfly, but I feel like I am in limbo right now for ordering and uploading pictures.  I want to order pictures, but since they close down forever in one week, I don't want to take my chances of the order not being completed.  I'm sure it would, but I think I'll just wait to order from Shutterfly.  The dilemma with that, is that my pictures still haven't been transferred.  I have a lot of pictures and they have a lot of accounts, but I was hoping it wouldn't take this long - it's been a couple of weeks.  I'm not worried about my pictures since I have all of them on our network here at the house, but I'd rather not have to reload them, since I also use the site as a storage back up.

On top of the baby book, I realized that all of Meredith's picture frames in her room are empty.  I have a photo frame that is also supposed to hold pictures from the first 12 months and it's completely blank!  Her frame that should hold her first 12 years doesn't even have the baby picture as the starter.  Another frame that I could easily fill is the big sister photo with a picture of both girls.  I think might need to go through the house and see what pictures I need to order and I should probably look at Mackenzie's baby book too, to see if there are any pictures I need of her.

Digital pictures are great because I can take a ton of pictures and sort through them later to decide which one is the best, but I still LOVE prints.  I have a lot of prints that I need to scrapbook or at least put in albums.  That was something I had started to do back in March, but then life happened and that project got delayed.  Maybe I can start it up again soon...if life would just slow down for just a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...