Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fun in Georgetown

Last week, I set up several posts with their titles so that I could remind myself of blog topics to write about.  Since we were planning a trip to Georgetown to visit Brandon's mom, I told myself I'd blog about it, and set up the post.  As it turns out, I took absolutely NO PICTURES the entire weekend!  Huh?  I always take at least one picture a day and yet I managed to not take a single picture from Saturday, Sunday or Monday!  Crazy.

Even without pictures we still had a good time.  It was our first overnight trip and longest drive with Meredith and went fairly well.  We left Saturday morning at nap time, so she slept most of the way.  She did get a little cranky about 20 minutes out because she was hungry.  We quickly pulled over so that I could get in the back seat with the girls and feed Meredith the rest of the way.  After lunch and naps (for Brandon and the girls), we went to Cindy's school to see her classroom.  Brandon helped Cindy hang some stuff and Mackenzie enjoyed seeing what a "big kids" classroom looks like.  She liked drawing on the dry/erase board and playing with all of the manipulatives and classroom stuff.  She is just like me, when it comes to stuff like this.  We both love it!

After dinner we went back to Cindy's place and watched a movie.  It was a Christmas movie, but it was the only kids movie she had.  Mackenzie still enjoyed it, so that's all that mattered.  When we went to the hotel later, Mackenzie was SUPER excited.  She hasn't been to a hotel since last summer and you could tell it was all just so wonderful for her.  I don't know how many time we had to tell her to quit running around and talking so loud.  We brought the pack n'play for Meredith to sleep in, but after about 15 minutes of her pulling herself up and just staring at us through the sides, I finally picked her up and put her in bed with me.  I thought it was going to be a long night with her in bed with me, but for the most part she stayed in the same place.  Mackenzie and Brandon slept in the other bed, and from what I heard, Mackenzie didn't stay in one place all night.  I believe the word "kicking" was used to describe her sleep. ;)

Anyways, we went to church in Georgetown the next morning and got to visit with a family friend.  After lunch, we loaded up the car again and came home.  It was a short, but nice trip even without any pictures to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...