Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Expanding my tastes

I have a pasta salad that I like to make and it has artichoke hearts, olives, pimentos and feta cheese (besides chicken and pasta).  This has always been somewhat of a surprise to my family since I'm such a picky eater.  To be fair, if I'm making it just for myself I don't add the olives and I usually dice the artichokes fairly fine.

Several years ago I started eating spinach artichoke dip and love it.  I attributed my liking foods I've never liked before to all the cheese in the dip, but recent events might prove that my tastes are expanding.  While browsing on Pinterest, I found a recipe for chicken artichoke lasagna and I actually pinned it!  Shocking, I know.  I think the next day I pinned a recipe for a spinach artichoke grilled cheese sandwich (April was apparently grilled cheese sandwich month).  My mom was shocked when I told her that I made both recipes this past week and loved both of them!

Who knew that all this food is so good?!  Oh, wait...everyone knew...except me since I don't typically try new foods! ;)  So, I'm trying to be more open.  I'll be honest, I'm not going to just jump in with both feet and try all of the things I've always said I didn't like, but I will consider recipes, menu items and general food that previously would have ignored.

1 comment:

  1. The spinach artichoke grilled cheese sandwich was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...