Thursday, April 26, 2012

Unintended learning game

My parents bought and hid cute little Easter "eggs" in the shape of bunnies, chicks, hippos and pigs.  When we were leaving their house, my mom asked if I wanted to keep the container that they came in.  At first I said no, but then I thought maybe we might be able to use it for school.  The answer is yes!  It's a great puzzle game and she doesn't even know it!  She loves to put them all back and it helps her to recognize the outline shape of each "egg".  Excellent!

Here's the empty container.  Can you see how the ears are different?  That's the only difference she has to tell them apart.

Although, it is a little hard to find that very small difference on a clear plastic tray over carpet that doesn't really have any depth or shade variations.


All finished!

Lesson learned: just about everything can be a learning activity!

1 comment:

  1. Accidental learning is the best!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...