Saturday, April 28, 2012

Summer jobs

I went to visit my former co-workers this week and the question that was asked the most was if I liked staying home.  The answer is always yes!  What I'm really looking forward to is this summer!  The more I've thought about it, the more excited I get.  Do you know that I have worked every summer since I was 16?!  My birthday is in February and I'm pretty sure I had a job by March or April just after my 16th birthday.  That's how I paid for gas and some extra activities with friends when in highschool.  In college, I didn't always work during the school year, but summers were where I could work full time and stock up my bank account.  Just for fun I thought I'd make a list of all my past summers and jobs.

16 - resale shop
17 - resale shop
18 - baby sitting - summer before college and this was probably the most relaxing summer job I had.  Watching 2 boys, ages 9 & 11, all summer from about 7-3 every day.  I was able to go to the pool with them, take them to putt-putt, play outside...just have fun in general and still be home by 3:10 in the afternoon to do whatever I wanted with my friends the rest of the evening.
19 - doctor's office - we had half days on fridays, so that was nice, but otherwise an 8-5 job
20 - christian bookstore - college station.  This wasn't too bad since I didn't have to work every day, but half of my shifts were for closing at 9pm.  I didn't like have to leave work that late. (A safety issue, not a sleep issue).
21 - home designer - college station.  Actually for the first 6 weeks of summer I was at home planning the wedding, but after the wedding, I went back to work.
22 - architectural studio - at least they didn't open until 9 and we didn't live too far, so I didn't have to wake up early.
23 - same architectural studio from the previous summer.  I only worked for about the first month of the summer and then summer design studio kicked in and we were doing a design build project 24/7!
24-31 - Architecture Firm - normal 8-5 job with overtime before the recession 3 years ago.  I think a couple of these years I didn't even own a swimsuit - that's how fun my summers were! ;)

And finally the summer of age 32...stay at home mom.  I'm so looking forward to this summer.  It's not that I want to do a ton of stuff or go on vacation.  I just want to enjoys sprinklers, pools, play groups and warmer weather with the girls!  Let's just hope we don't hit the record 3 digit temperature highs we did last summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...