Saturday, April 7, 2012

RRSP: Letter Z, number 11, sight word "down"


Well, this post is going to be super short because I didn't take that many pictures of what we did with this unit.  We had two days of school and it was spread out over 2 weeks!  Yep, that's one day a week.  We went to the zoo (more on that in another post) on what would have been our 2nd day of school for the week, and to be honest, it wore me out!  Friday we did nothing!  We didn't finish up the Z lesson until the following Tuesday.  And then, all this past week, we've been taking a break and doing the occasional Easter activity/craft.  We'll get back to our regular schedule this next week and continue through the alphabet.  I think when we get to the end of May, we will only have about 6 letters left, so rather than take the summer off and leave the last 6 letters hanging, I think we'll spread them out over the summer so that we can have a slightly relaxing summer.

Anyways, back to this week's unit.  We studied the letter Z, the number 11 and the sight word "down".  Our memory verse was: "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house" Luke 19:5.  This is our 11th memory verse and she still does pretty well with them.  She's solid with the first 6, and ok with these past 5.  That's probably because I haven't been consistent with repeating the verse throughout the week for the last few units.   I haven't been as thorough in our school activities as I was in the beginning.  I love teaching her, but I am so ready for summer.  This will be our first summer that I'm not working and I'm so excited to be able to go to the pool, play in the sprinklers and have other summer play dates!  Mackenzie asks almost every day if it's time for the pool yet.  Our neighborhood pool opens the first weekend in May, so my answer is always "in a few weeks".

Wow..I digress...again.

We made zebra stripes for our letter collage.  We even compared the stripes to our Noah's ark zebras.  Yep, they look similar! ;)
Finding z sounds.  She's pretty good at this unless she doesn't know what the picture is.  So, sometimes it's a vocabulary building exercise too!
 Tracing the letter Z.
We also cut out our tree and put Zacchaeus in it for our memory verse craft.
Again, we did a little more than these 4 pictures, but apparently, I didn't feel like taking pictures!  Maybe for our next unit/letter, I'll get back to normal with the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...