Monday, April 23, 2012

Camping...our way.

Brandon set up the tent last weekend.  Not in the backyard as some might, but in the playroom.


This is my kind of camping...air conditioning, full bathroom, no dirt and my own bedroom somewhere else!  We kept the tent up Saturday through Thursday when Mackenzie finally wanted to play with her doll house but couldn't because the tent was blocking it.  While it was up, she played in it, watched movies (the door opening faced the tv), took a nap.  Now it's in a pile in the office waiting to be folded and put back in the garage only to be pulled out in another 5-8 years. ;)

We registered for the tent when we got married 11 years ago.  I wanted to be that wonderful wife that went camping with her husband and did all of those outside activities in the wilderness that I thought he liked to do.  But, as it turns out, that's not me.  I really have no desire to do that.  I know some peole love to camp, but I am not one of them.  Brandon has used the tent a couple of times over the years...outside, but not me.  I think this past week might have been the first time I had even seen the tent put together.  It's very nice and very big.  Thank you to whoever bought it for us 11 years ago, it's really a nice gift. 

Maybe as the girls get older, Brandon can take them camping.  Or, take Meredith camping, since I can tell that Mackenzie is a lot like me.  Brandon doesn't like me assuming Mackenzie is like that until I let her try it out.  Maybe next time we'll put it up in the backyard and let her try camping outside.  That way if it's a disaster, they don't have to go very far to calm her down...and I can sleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...