Monday, March 19, 2012

Visiting Mamaw

Brandon and I finally took the girls to see his Mamaw on Thursday.  When I say finally, I mean it had been about 6 years since we had seen her!  6 years!  That mean she had never met Mackenzie or Meredith!  I know, I know...not great parents and/or grandchildren.  Sorry Mamaw! ;)

Anyways, Mamaw just recently moved to her daughter/son-in-law's property and since it is only about 1 1/2 hours away we decided to make a day trip.  It was so nice to visit with family we hadn't seen in forever.  Brandon's cousin's daughters were there and so Mackenzie had someone to play with.  They are age 12 and 8, but they have younger siblings, so they knew how to play with Mackenzie.  After visiting a little bit, Bubba (Brandon's uncle) asked if the girls wanted to go ride a horse.  Mackenzie acted like she wanted to until we started approaching the stalls.  She had a death grip on Brandon the entire time we were out there.
 
She wanted nothing to do with the horse - no petting, no riding, nothing!  Meredith, on the other hand, had no problem petting the horse.  Granted, she's 6 months old and doesn't really know what a horse is - but she didn't cry.  That can't be said about her big sister!

 
Lauren looks like a natural up on the horse.

And so does Meredith! ;)





Since that didn't go well, we went back to Mamaw's house where Mackenzie was still a little apprehensive about Mamaw's dog Annie.  I managed to change her focus by telling her to play her tea party app with the girls.  The app has a place setting for 3 people where you eat and drink by tapping on the food, but she always has to do it herself if Brandon and I don't play with her.  This time, she was able to have a tea party with 2 other girls!  It was really cute.  Then she showed them her other apps.  Even, Bubba was interested! ;)

Although being around animals aren't her thing, Mackenzie still really enjoyed visiting with everyone.  This was the first time I've really seen her open up and play with kids she's never met.  She really enjoyed sitting outside with the older girls for lunch.  I think she did more talking than eating.  (Yep, she takes after me!) ;)  Through the screen door I could hear her talking and/or singing to Claire and Lauren almost the entire time!

Unfortunately, since Annie (the dog) stays next to Mamaw almost all the time, Mackenzie didn't sit next to her very much and I don't have any pictures of the two of them.  But, I do have pictures of Meredith and Mamaw.


We had a great time and now that it's only 1 1/2 hour drive, I think we'll go more often and make up for the 6 year absence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...