Sunday, March 18, 2012

RRSP: Letter V


I'm so behind in my preschool posts!  Two weeks ago we studied the letter V, the number 8, the color brown and site word "me".  Our memory verse was "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." John 6:47.  Mackenzie was very quick to point out that it sounded like John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave is only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."  She actually said it sound like the "letter F verse", but that is John 3:16.

I didn't take many pictures this week, but we did do our usual - color the verse, tracing letter V...I also found (Preschool Palace) a little extra sheet for her to do - find the letter V.

She now insists on cutting the vocabulary cards herself.  She asks for help if the safety scissors are being stubborn and won't cut.  I'd like to use different scissors, but I don't want to take any chances with her cutting her fingers just yet.
She likes the picture sorts we do with words that start with the letter we are studying.  It helps that some of them are the same as the RRSP vocabulary cards.  This sort is from the Bible and Rhyme program.
For our letter V collage, I just gave her a bunch of different V stickers.  She did have to look for them herself, so that helped with her letter recognition.
One of the activities we did was sort fruit and vegetable cards from Homeschool Creations.  We looked at each card and decided if it was a fruit or a vegetable.  She new most of them, but there were a few that were new to her - cauliflower, zucchini, onion, squash & lime.  I thought it was funny that she new what a lemon was but not a lime.  I guess we've just never talked about them being similar.  For cauliflower she said she would try it when she's older.  (I can relate to this, since when I was little I always said I would eat potatoes when I turned 10.)
 
After sorting, we matched our play food to the picture cards.  We didn't have everything, but we had quite a bit.
Our letter V craft was using water colors over masking tape to create letter V in the void space.
 I helped paint quite a bit, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  We'll have to do this again soon.

Since we were studying fruits and vegetable, I had planned to go to the strawberry patch to pick strawberries and to buy some vegetables at the farm's store, but the weather canceled our trip.  I'm hoping to go this week and then we will officially be finished with this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...