Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dr. Seuss

Yesterday we had an impromptu Dr. Seuss unit.  Mackenzie was looking for something to do around 2:00, so I decided I should print the Dr. Seuss stuff I had found on the internet.  We did a maze & a "find what's different" page,


a hundreds picture, that was really too old for her, but I helped her match the numbers she was supposed to color.

She also put together the Lorax puzzle,

and we played a Cat in the Hat matching game.

Our crafts were to make a Cat in the Hat hat, complete with paint AND glitter!


And I made a cute little clover with a speck from Horton Hears a Who.

I also downloaded the following apps for FREE!

Seuss band - this one is for older kids or adults.  The songs are a little hard for Mackenzie to play, but I love it! ;)

Lorax garden - Mackenzie and I played this for quite a while yesterday and today.  It's cute.

Truffula shuffula - this is like jewel quest or other similar games like that.  Again, I think it's for slightly older kids than Mackenzie, but I love it!

Go check them out, maybe theyare still free today.

We ended the night by reading 3 Dr. Seuss books before bed - Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop and One Fish, Two Fish.

I think next year I'll try to be more prepared so that we can actually have a full week unit.  There are lots of great ideas on the internet for different learning activities for different Seuss books.  Who knows, maybe one year we'll have a Dr. Seuss birthday party for the girls.  They look super cute on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...