Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day

Brandon had to go out of town the afternoon of Valentine's day, so we celebrated that morning with a family breakfast at IHOP.  We hadn't really eaten out together - all 4 of us since Meredith was born.  (More of a saving money thing than a baby thing.)  On the way to breakfast I got to sit in lovely traffic that I had forgotten about in the last 5 1/2 months that I've been at home.  How did I do it every day?!

Mackenzie liked having breakfast with Brandon and especially her smiley face pancakes!

After breakfast we all went to Mackenzie's dance class.  I think Brandon really liked watching Mackenzie dance.  He was the only father there, so he did have to listen to 6 mothers talk non-stop! ;)

Once dance was over we went to Lyla's house for food and fun, while Brandon left for Louisiana.  After a grocery store trip we were finally home for a nice relaxing Valentine's night.  Mackenzie helped me make this cake:

It's soooo good and I'm happy to say that's all I ate for dinner that night!  I said Mackenzie didn't have to take a nap that afternoon, but I should have known that dance days wear her out, so she was asleep by 6:30.

She woke up at 7:30 crying and saying she wanted to go to bed.  Ok - no problem!  Both girls were in bed by 8:15 and I was free to eat my cake and clean out/organize my scrapbook paper.  It sounds crazy, but other than missing Brandon, I loved my Valentine's evening! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...