Wednesday, February 1, 2012

10 year journal

When I started pinning on Pinterest a couple of months ago, one of the first item I pinned was a box filled with dated index cards that you record your daily memories on for several years.  So, year after year, you are able to look back at what happened on that day in the past.  I had planned on buying the box and index cards on my next trip to Target.

Then, I read Kim's post about her night stand and she mentioned her 10 year journal.  The journal sounded like a much better idea than index cards - how would I keep up with something like that for 1 year, let alone 5 or 10 years.  I googled it and found where you could buy an actual 10 year journal for about $30, but I decided to make my own like Kim and Holly did for half the price.  I ordered this pink journal from Amazon - there aren't many choices when needing a journal that has at least 366 pages and I liked the pink!


When I got it last week, I dated each page from January 1 to December 31, including February 29.

I then backtracked a little to record some of the moments in January since I was starting a little late in the year.  As I add comments for 2012, I'll add the years on each page, but I don't feel like adding 10 years to 330 pages all at one time.
 

I keep a blog, but not every post is about our daily happenings and funny stories.  I also have the 365 blog, but those are just one picture for each day and not recaps of the day.  The idea of the journal is to write a recap - 1 or 2 sentences - of what we did that day or funny things that were said or done.  By keeping 10 years worth of notes in the same journal on the designated day, I can replay the memories for each year that I add another comment.  It's just another way to document our life and I've very excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was faithful until July last year. It has been fun to write this year and read last years entry. Hopefully this year I'll make it to December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I actually bought the ready made one on Amazon in 2008, it never occurred to me to make my own--but I wish it had. Each day has 5 lines to fill in plus carry over pages for each month. I definitely have gaps but it is so neat to glance back over the past four years--then it's there :)-- as I write my new entry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...