Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Staying home

Yesterday, Brandon asked me if I liked staying at home with the girls.  I've been a "stay at home mom" for 4 months now and I can honestly say I love it.  There is only one thing that bothers me and surprisingly it's not at all what I thought it would be.  I always figured not having a lot of adult interaction on a daily basis would drive me crazy, but it hasn't been an issue at all.  We get out of the house 2 or 3 times a week and as Meredith gets older, we'll be doing that even more.

The real thing that bothers me most is that my brain is so used to working overtime on work tasks (ie: things to draw, things to check on site, RFI's and submittals to send to contractors) that I find myself constantly finding tasks I need to do here at the house.  I'm not talking about your basic cleaning, picking up of the house or grocery shopping - those existed when I was working.  The tasks I'm constantly dreaming/thinking of are cleaning out the junk drawers, designing millwork for the office, reorganizing the kitchen cabinets, decorating any and all rooms of the house...it never ends.  I kind of did this when I worked, but I didn't have as much time to dwell on them because I was either at work, taking care of Mackenzie in the evenings, or sleeping because I was just so exhausted.  Now that I'm at home during most of my waking hours, there's hardly an hour that goes by that I don't walk by something in our house and wonder how I could change it or make it better.  It's sort of a good problem to have, right?  If only I could shut off my brain when I want to go to sleep...

So, yes, I love staying home AND now I have tons of stuff I want to do as a result.  I guess I should get off this computer and do them, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...