Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"She wanted to play with her toys..."

On Sunday morning I put Meredith in her crib with TWO toys so she could play while I finished getting ready for church.  I could hear Mackenzie playing in Meredith's room and talking to her, but that's not unusual, so I didn't think anything about it.  Once I was ready, I went to get Meredith dressed for Church and this is what I found:

Mackenzie had put every single toy of Meredith's in her crib with her.  She claims that "Meredith wanted to play with her toys".  As you can see, Meredith was laying there happily holding one of her toys.

I did laugh and take a picture but after looking at some of the toys and books and their locations, I realized that Mackenzie had to have thrown a couple of the toys in the crib to get them where they were.  We told her that she shouldn't do that anymore because Meredith could have gotten hurt and that she could only ever give Meredith her own toys, not Mackenzie's toys because they were too small and she could choke..

Meredith is 5 months old and will be crawling in 3-5 months, so I'm going to have to do some major organizing of the playroom and keep my eyes open, because boy do we have A LOT of toys for ages "3 & up"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...