Saturday, January 7, 2012

New camera lens

I received a new camera lens for Christmas and absolutely love it so far!  I've only played with it a little bit, but can tell it's going to do what I wanted it to do.  I wanted to take better indoor pictures without having to use a flash that would wash out the girls faces.  I also wanted the background to fade or blur more so that you couldn't distinguish everything in the picture.  This blog made it clear that I needed this lens.  I have really only played with inanimate objects, but the one picture I've taken of Mackenzie is exactly what I wanted it to do. 

love it - you can't even tell that the background contains a plate with crumbs and an old napkin!

This is actually my original lens, but I'm using my new lens to create the blurred background.

The lens doesn't zoom in and out, so you physically have to move if you want to "zoom out" or "zoom in", but I really like it.  I will still use my other lens for exterior shots or when I want a larger frame, but switching them is super easy, so that won't be a problem.  I'm looking forward to taking many more photos with this lens and finally relearning how to take pictures like I took with my old SLR camera.  I might even try a manual mode soon! ooooh so daring, I know! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ooo! Is it the "nifty fifty" lens? I love mine! Sometimes I wish it was a bit wider when I'm shooting more than one person. But it takes beautiful pictures and stays on my camera most of the time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what is the name of the lense? I've been wanting an additional one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it's the 50mm/f1.8. I love it already and can tell it's going to be on my camera a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...