Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Flashback: wedding dresses

I've only ever tried on one wedding dress.  That's it.  Just one.  When it's right it's right.

Brandon and I met in September 1998, started dating in December 1998 and talked about marriage in May 1999.  When it's right, it's right.  I didn't say anything to my parents until December 1999, just before Brandon came down to ask my dad.  I told my mom as we were picking up dinner at Wendy's or some fast food restaurant.  She smiled and said my dad owed her $50.  Apparently she thought it was coming and my dad didn't think it would happen so soon.  That's how we told my dad...we walked in the house and my mom said, "well, you owe me $50."  He figured out what she was talking about pretty quickly.

Anyways, after that, I bought lots and lots of wedding magazines.  I kept flagging the same dress in every magazine, so when I finally went to try on dresses I asked if they had that particular dress and they did.  I tried it on and the rest is history.

When it's right, it's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...