Friday, January 13, 2012

Flashback Friday: My room

I came across this photo a few months ago and knew it had to be a flashback Friday photo!  This is my bedroom (at least a portion of it) when I was a senior in High School - 1998.  It makes me laugh at how eclectic my decorations were! 

Let's look closely...
Upper left - a Gone with the Wind calendar - my favorite movie even in high school.  I made my best friend go with me to see it in the theaters when they re-released it to theaters one year.

At the very top, the picture is cut off but it is a painting of the letters in my name with an oriental theme from, if I remember correctly, a street artist in San Antonio..or maybe Dallas...somewhere in Texas!  How random is that?!

Below my name is a framed pastel drawing I did for "Rodeo Art" in junior high.  You can't see it, but to the left of the drawing is a ribbon from the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo - "an award of excellence."  I still have this in our guest bedroom closet.

To the right of the world famous art work ;), is my Texas A&M clock and another random decoration, a poster from the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

It's not that I don't like every single one of these decorations, it's quite the opposite since I remember everything about them.  I just think it's funny that they are all jammed into about 20 square feet of wall space!  If I had pictures of the other portions of my rooms you probably wouldn't even realize it was the same room.  The other side had my dresser and wall shelves filled with my music box collection, my book mark collection and other keepsakes I had received over the course of 18 years.  I don't remember thinking my room was so eclectic, but it certainly was!  Does anyone else remember their room being so random?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...