Friday, January 6, 2012

Flashback Friday - Highschool Friends


I was in band from 6th-12th grade.  I met the 3 friends above in 7th grade.  Richard and Brooke (top row) had known each other in elementary school, but Michelle (bottom right) had just moved to our area that year and we all became friends in 7th grade band class.  The picture is our senior year at the annual "Powder Puff" football game.  Brooke, Michelle and I were not about to play football and I'm pretty sure Richard wasn't going to dress up as a cheer leader, so we all just went to watch the game.  My face is so washed out, but oh well.  I still remember the clothes - why did we wear such over sized clothes?!

A lot has changed in 14 years - there's me - married with 2 kids...Brooke is recently married...Richard is married with 3 kids...Michelle is also married and has a little boy 2 months old.  The 3 of them are still really good friends and see each other on a regular basis.  I, on the other hand, never kept in touch after high school.  I didn't do it on purpose, it's just never been my strong suit.  Thank goodness for Facebook - at least I can somewhat keep up with them, especially since they were a big part of my adolescent years.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great old photo. Don't sweat not keeping in touch. Start now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the fun we used to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feels like forever ago... and even though the time has passed the memories are still as strong as ever!! Thanks for being such great friends!

    next up, anyone have the waterworld photo???? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol too funny Richard....I think that Brooke has that pic actually!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...