Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Part II

It occurred to me the other day that I never posted about Thanksgiving Day.  Shame on me!  So even though it's December and the Christmas tree is up, I'm going to backtrack a little.

We had Thanksgiving at our house this year.  Since it's only my grandparents, parents, brother and sister-in-law, and my father-in-law we were able to host everyone.  It was nice not to have to travel anywhere and since most of the family showed up an hour before lunch, they helped with the remaining food and decorating the tables!  I love the women in my family!

I think it's funny that Brandon, my dad and my brother were the ones who volunteered to sit with Mackenzie at the kitchen table.  Mackenzie said she didn't like turkey, so we told her the meat was chicken and she ate it.  When I was taking pictures, my brother was already giving her a hard time and generally trying to mess with her.  It's what he does best and she loves it even though she may act like she doesn't.

The rest of us sat in the dining room and ate the wonderful meal of turkey (aka chicken), dressing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, dirty corn, deviled eggs and bread!


For dessert we had all of these:

There were only 10 of us and we had 2 pies (I made Derby pie and a Cranberry Cheesecake pie), cranberry bark, pumpkin spice cookies and little chocolate acorns!

It was a great Thanksgiving - one of my favorite things - we kept all of the left overs!  Since my parents and brother/sister-in-law were heading out of town, they left the food with us!  It was soooo yummy!  We finished most of it off pretty quickly, but I used the remainder of the turkey to make P-dubs Turkey Tetrazinni - soooo good.  Again, we told Mackenzie this was chicken spaghetti and she ate it all week for dinner.  Maybe next year we'll tell her it's turkey! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...