Monday, December 5, 2011

Let the Christmases begin!

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas at my parents' house with my brother and stepsisters and all of the grandchildren.  Again, since we all have other places we go on Christmas Day, it's easier for all of us to get together on another day to celebrate Christmas.  We had a lot of fun, as usual.  The kids loved all of their gifts.  One of Mackenzie's favorites was this puppy dog that barks and wags his tail. 
 We've also played this game several times. 

The rubber ducks move around the "board" and one at a time you pick up a duck and see if the shape on the bottom matches the one you are looking for.  She really likes it and has already learned to follow the duck she needs if she saw that you just had it and put it back.  Meredith received quite a few clothes!  Yay, now she won't have to wear hand-me-downs all the time! ;)



The guys gifts from my parents were gift cards and the girls gifts were chinchilla scarfs from my parents' trip to Alaska this past year.  All of us girls put them on and didn't take them off for a while.  They are sooo soft! 

It's hanging in the coat closet with my coats and I'm hoping to get to use it soon since it's finally cold again.  I think it's funny that I have 3 coats, 5 scarfs, 4 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the winter!  Um...yeah...it's cold in Houston for about 2 months and even then, the coldest it gets is in the 30's during the day time.  I have more hats than I do swim suits!  You would think it would be the other way around!

anyways, back to Christmas...the older grandchildren got money I think from everyone.  My sister and brother had fun hiding the money in a special way and I did too (more on that later this week).  There was also a bit of rough housing with my nephew James, but it's pretty much what happened at the last two family functions.


Our final activity was Christmas bingo using M&M's as markers.  I'm pretty sure more M&M's were eaten than used to play!

So that was our first Christmas function.  Next up is the "Girls Christmas" this weekend with my mom, Granny and Aunt and cousin from Utah.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...