Friday, December 23, 2011

Flashback Friday: Honeymoon


This is me and Brandon 10 1/2 years ago on our honeymoon!  Look how young we were!  It's not that we look young...we ARE young.  I was 21 and he was 23!  We dated for a year before getting engaged and were engaged for a year and a half.  I think if we had it to do all over again, we would not be engaged for that long.  We were waiting for Brandon to graduate so that only one of us would still be in school when we were married. (Who knew that 5 1/2 years out of 10, one of us would always be in school!)


Anyways, back to the picture - we went to Jamaica for our honeymoon to one of those all inclusive places.  It was very nice and after the whole Tropical Storm Allison thing, it was nice to get away from everything.  This is one of the restaurants we went to and one of the few pictures we have of the 2 of us together.  (that's pretty much the story of our life - not too many picture of the 2 of us together)  I remember being slightly scared when we left Houston because it was my first trip out of the state/country that I wasn't with my parents or other adults.  Apparently at 21 (and married) I still didn't feel like an adult! ;)

It's fun to look at old pictures and see what you remember...the people, the atmosphere, the crazy things you buy (a basket full of sea shells!), the clothes...all of it is awesome.  I think everyone should do this!  Join me next Friday?

PS - Mackenzie just looked at the picture and asked, "is that you with long hair?"  Yep...I'm not sure my hair has been that long since!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen any pictures of your honeymoon. Glad to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the only picture you're allowed to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...