Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day

We are down to having only one more Christmas celebration left and technically it will happen in 2012, but that's ok! ;)  Even though it was pretty rainy and gloomy around here on Christmas day, we still had an awesome day filled with family, food and fellowship!

We actually had to wake Mackenzie up on Christmas morning.  Of course the one day she "sleeps in" (past 7:15) is really the one morning we sort of needed to get up.  I think since it was rainy outside, the sun didn't wake her up and she didn't know it was morning.  Since Meredith is the second child and also the second girl, there wasn't much we needed to buy her for Christmas.  We already have tons of toys for her and lots of books, so unlike Mackenzie's first Christmas where we used all of our gift cards on her, Meredith received bows, tights and onesies!


I also bought her a couple of small board books and an owl towel.  Her gift from Mackenzie was a toy turtle...

I think she likes it!

Mackenzie especially liked her Angelina Ballerina movie...

and her new boots from Meredith!

I received some nail polish that Mackenzie is a little afraid of, but I really like.  After having the nail polish on for 24 hours, it's already chipped on 6 nails...now I remember why I don't paint my nails!  I will however paint my toenails with these polishes after it warms again for flip flop weather.

After breakfast we got ready and headed to my grandparents house for Christmas with my mom's side of the family.  As usual, there was lots of yummy food!


And of course, presents and visiting with each other.


I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did.  Stay tuned later this week for my crafty projects I completed for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...