Monday, November 7, 2011

Visiting Granny & Papa

Saturday, Meredith rode in her first of many trips to my grandparents house.  It's the longest drive she's been in to date - 1 hour one way.  With the exception of the first 5 minutes and last 10 minutes, she did great.  Those times were when we were not on the freeway and she does not like to be in her car seat if the car is not moving constantly.  Rural roads are not our friends right now. ;)

We all had a great time.  Of course, Mackenzie had to feed the fish, again.
 

Meredith enjoyed being held by Granny and Papa.

And I enjoyed having 2 arms free!  I never really had that when Mackenzie was little (under 18 months).  Mackenzie was super, super shy even with my own family, so I started going to visit them once a month when she was about 18 month to help with familiarity and lessen the "warm up" time with everyone.  The visits and the fact that she's older has definitely helped since she has no problem running to them and saying hello - no more warm up time!  Meredith is already so much better with people and can be held and settled fairly easily by others.  I know it seems like that would be a given since she's only 2 months old, but Mackenzie had issues with other people even at 2 and 3 months old, so this is great for me.

I'm so excited that I'm home with the girls, now and we can go visit Granny and Papa whenever we want and not just on weekends.  Here's to many more trips to Granny & Papa's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...