Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat

I feel like Monday/Halloween was kind of a crazy day, but when I think about what we did, it wasn't really that bad.  Meredith was cranky most of the morning with the exception of when I carved the pumpkin.  It's like she knew I wouldn't be able to hold her, so she slept in her swing.  Meredith also had her 2 month appointment at 1:30 in the afternoon, so we didn't get back to the house until about 2:30.  That means Mackenzie didn't take her nap until about 3:00 and she slept until 6:00 when Brandon got home.  I think the doctor's visit might have been the part that felt crazy.  It's not that it was a bad visit, it's just that I'm still getting used to getting out with 2 kids.  I feel like it takes a lot of preparation and coordination to get out of the door with everything.

Anyways, the trick or treaters started showing up shortly after 6 while we were eating dinner.  Once we all ate, Brandon took Mackenzie out to trick or treat while I stayed home with Meredith.  Since she had her shots earlier that day, she had been cranky all afternoon and had finally fallen asleep during dinner.  I passed out candy while sitting on the front porch (and didn't get eaten by too many mosquitos) until Brandon and Mackenzie came home.  Meredith continued to sleep all though the evening even with the door bell constantly ringing right over her head.  Because she was sleeping, I didn't get any pictures of her in her costume until yesterday when she was feeling much better.

Mackenzie got enough candy just trick or treating on our block.  Since her and Brandon love all the candy that is pure sugar, I've been stealing the chocolate!I let Mackenzie eat quite a few pieces of candy when she got home and because she had such a late and long nap she didn't go to bed until 9:00 or 9:15.  Before bed we read all of the Halloween/pumpkin books we could find - about 7 - so she had a much longer reading time before bed than usual.  I'm thinking I'm going to put those books on a higher shelf and save them for next year so that they can be a little more special when she only gets to read them one month out of the year.

So, the girls Halloween pictures below are from different days, but oh well.  Back in September we took Mackenzie to the store for her to choose her costume for Halloween and she chose cookie monster!
 

Meredith is wearing Mackenzie's first costume that she hated!  Fortunately, Meredith didn't mind it so much in the 5 minutes she wore it while I took pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Their costumes are adorable!! Isn't it fun dressing them up! ha!! When are y'all coming to the LC again? I haven't got to see or hug that cute little Meredith!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...