Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Story Time and Ladies Bible Class

Yesterday as soon as the rain stopped, I loaded up the girls and we went to "Story time" at a nearby library.  We went a few weeks ago with friends of ours who have gone every week for over a year and their oldest daughter loves it.  You may recall that Mackenzie did not.  Since that particular story time was for children 18 months to 3 years, I thought Mackenzie (and I) would like the one for 3-6 year olds much better.  I have to say that it was a little less noisy, but I just wasn't feeling it.  The librarian was good and the books were good, but Mackenzie and I just kind of sat there vaguely listening.  We do, however. like the library and came home with another 10 books!  We now have 2 library cards for 2 different libraries in our area!  My goal is to never check out books from the different libraries at the same time.  The other library, which is actually closer, has a library hour tomorrow that I'm considering going to, to see what it's like.  I guess I'll decide tomorrow whether we'll go or not.  It all depends on how are morning goes!  I'm also not sure if we should go again to get Mackenzie more into it or if we call it quits and say that story time just isn't our thing. 

In other news, we've made it to Ladies bible class the last 2 weeks and have really enjoyed getting out of the house and visiting with other ladies.  Afterwards, several of us ladies (and kids) go out to lunch.  Last week there were 9 ladies and 14 kids (6 under 8 months) all at Chick-fil-A.  This week there were 7 ladies and 17 kids (5 under 7 month) at CiCi's Pizza!  It's madness, but I love it!  Everyone helps everyone out and we all get to visit and have adult conversation.  It's so nice. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...