Friday, November 11, 2011

Backyard help

After a 13 months in our house and a horrible drought, our backyard plants are not looking too great.  I figure maybe if I start thinking about what kind of plants I'd like to have, then I'll be prepared for the Spring.  These are my current flower beds:

Around the house...
 


At the fence:
 


The flower beds in the back corner actually have a few flowers:


I'm not sure exactly what kind of flowers/plants I want, but I will say that I need durable plants that don't need a lot of work and care.  I'd like to say that now that I'll be home, I could tend to the plants, but why pretend...I won't do that even if I had the perfect weather and all the time in the world!  That's just not something I like to do, so no matter the optimum conditions, I know I won't work in the yard.   The good thing, I think, is that the plants along the house all face north so they shouldn't be getting in harsh sun light, which hopefully leaves a lot of options for plant selection.

Any recommendations? 

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorites are Lavendar, Hydrangea and Gardenias. Plant once and they bloom year after year with very little work. I used to love yard work but, unfortunately, don't enjoy it as much as I used to. (I don't like to sweat and I don't like mosquitoes!! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...