Saturday, November 5, 2011

333+123

A few months after Mackenzie was born, I started sorting all of my photos of Mackenzie (and now Meredith) by the month they were taken, so that I can find them easier.  At the end of every month I upload my favorite pictures from the month to Kodak Gallery online and order prints.  I do this so that if I ever lose my pictures on the computer, I will at least of hard copies of my favorites, plus the digital images are stored online.

Since I decided to take at least one picture every day for my 365 project, I took a lot of pictures in the month of October!  I reviewed my October pictures on Thursday so I could upload to the internet and was surprised to find that I had taken 333 photos!  Plus, I had a separate folder for Mackenzie's birthday party and it had 123 photos!  Wow - no wonder Mackenzie started telling me not to take her picture! ;)  It's a good thing we have digital cameras now and all of these photos don't cost me a thing!  Of course if I was using film, I probably wouldn't be so haphazard with my photo taking.

I looked back at my other folders and most months I have anywhere from 75 to 125 photos with the occasional lower or high count.  There are only a couple of months in the last 3 years that I've even come close to 333 + 123.  I'm not sure if this large number of photos is good or bad, but I'm going to continue my 365 project, so if I have 400+ pictures this month, then so be it!

Does anyone else take that many photos?  Do you still print hard copies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...