Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cooking...again.

Today was the first time since Meredith was born that I have cooked a meal for us!  When my mom was here for the first week we were home from the hospital, she made a ton of food and put it in the freezer.  We're talking (9) 8x8 foil pans, plus p-dub's meat loaf - a LOT of food!  Combine that, with the food people brought us, leftovers from the birthday parties and the occasional pizza order on the weekend, I haven't had to cook a full meal in 2 months!  I've heated the food out of the freezer and made sides (read: heated green beans in the microwave) here and there, but haven't actually prepared and cooked a full meal - until today.  It's been awesome!

The last few weeks I've been collecting recipes to try so that we don't go right back into our usual staple meals.  I figure since I'm at home now, I can actually make meals that might only last us one or 2 nights rather than the full week casserole I usually made when I was working.  Today's meal I would actually call a weekend meal because it was a fun, not so healthy, main dish that I don't know what you could add as a side besides dessert.  It's called bubble up pizza and it's basically a pizza that you eat with a fork.  You mix together biscuits (cut into pieces), pizza sauce, mozzarella and whatever pizza toppings you like and bake it for 30 minutes.  I added italian sausage sauteed with bell pepper and onion, pepperoni and mushrooms.  I thought it was yummy, but then again, I could eat pizza everyday.

This is by no means a meal I will make every month, but occasionally it might be nice to have and it's definitely cheaper than ordering a large pizza for delivery!  The rest of the week I'll be cooking new recipes as well, so we'll see how that goes.  Meredith sat contently in her bouncy seat the entire time I prepared the pizza dish, so hopefully tomorrow afternoon she'll do the same while I prepare dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...