Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bookshelves

So, I watched the last part of Extreme Home Makeover the other night and loved the bookshelves they did in the mother's room as well as the general open area.  I've always loved the idea of a "library" in our house or at least one wall full of bookshelves filled with books.  Our house has 2 sets of built ins, one in the living room and one in the play room.  The living room shelves are filled with trinkets, vases, pictures and few books.  The playroom is filled with more books, but it also hold all of our games, mackenzie's movies and some toys.  So, despite have the opportunity, I didn't fill these rooms with books like I always imagined I would do.  This winter or spring Brandon is planning to build built-in shelves along the back wall in our office.  I thought I wanted them to look like the ones we already have with cabinets at the bottom but after seeing some pictures on the internet, I'm rethinking our plans.

I love the floor to ceiling look as well as the dark color.

Again, i love the floor to ceiling, but i also like how these are divided vertically unlike the first image.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this design!  It provides a dynamic look to what is such a static object.

This is kind of the look I was originally going for except painted white.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what the final design looks like as long as we can get rid of our 4 mis-matched bookshelves we've collected over the years.  I'd like our office to look like a grown up office, not like some college apartment with 4 different people's furniture coming together.

So what do you think?  What shelves do you like?

1 comment:

  1. marshahaag@yahoo.comSeptember 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM

    I LOVE the diagonal design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...