Thursday, August 4, 2011

So far, so good

We had an ultrasound today to check on Meredith. Currently she is head down and I'm pretty sure she'll stay that way, since she's been in the same position for the last month at least. The doctor also said she was measuring well and all the organs looked good. I haven't started to show any signs of labor yet, but since I'm only 36 1/2 weeks, that is perfectly ok.

My bag is packed by the door just in case and everyday at work, I try to complete whatever I'm working on before I leave, just in case. I also have a word file at work that lists all the things I'm working on and where all the files are since I'm the only one on the project other than my boss.

We told the doctor we are going to do a VBAC and she said ok. I did find out today that the 4 doctors in the office take turns being on call, so if I were to go to the hospital at night, I might not necessarily get to see my doctor. That's not a big deal except for the fact that she informed me that 1 of the 4 doctors doesn't let you trial labor if you've had a previous c-section, so she would most likely perform a c-section if it is her night. I think as long as I can get to the hospital during the day, then my doctor will let me labor and it's only that 25% chance that I get that doctor at night. So, here's hoping Meredith stays put during the night! ;) She also told me to labor as much as possible at the house before coming to the hospital because if I come to the hospital too early and don't dilate fast enough, then I would probably get a c-section, but if I come to the hospital well enough along, then I'm more than likely able to continue on.

Anyways, everything seems to be in place. I have a baby shower this weekend, so that will be fun and I'll get to put away that stuff later and feel even more prepared. I feel like I say this a lot, but for now...we wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Meredith is in place!

    I sent some things home with Granny from me to you and Meredith, hopefully she can bring them to the shower. Hope it's fun!!

    Love and miss you!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...