Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Meredith Danielle

Meredith wasn't as stubborn as I thought she was! She arrived on her due date - August 29th at 7:29pm via c-section weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz and 20" long.So I have a very quick birthing story...my water broke at 2:00 and unlike the movies, it was not a large gush of fluids. I actually "leaked/trickled" off and on for 2 hours before I decided to call the doctor to see if I should go in. We arrived at the hospital about 5:45 and because my blood pressure was fairly high, the on-call doctor did not feel comfortable with me trying a VBAC, so I was headed to the operating room at 7:00 for my c-section and she was born at 7:29.

While I didn't actually birth her in less than 6 hours, it was still less than 6 hours total from the time I thought maybe my water had broken and they were pulling her from me. For Brandon it was less than 4 hours from me telling him to come home and the doctors showing us our new daughter! Needless to say it was a bit overwhelming, for me at least, for it to happen so quickly.

Meredith is adorable of course! I don't think she and Mackenzie look alike now, but maybe as Meredith gets older.
As you can see, Meredith has a cute heart shaped "stork kiss" on her forehead. Her pediatrician says it will go away in about 6 to 9 months, but it may still appear sometimes when she gets really mad or upset and cries. This made me laugh because all I could think of was Harry Potter and his scar! ;)

Everything is going well and we go home tomorrow morning. Mackenzie finally got to hold her today and I think she was pretty excited until Meredith started crying. I'm ready to get home so that she can have a little more interaction with her.

Thanks for all of your prayers, emails and phone calls. It wasn't exactly the birth we had planned, but now that she's here, it doesn't matter. I'll post more pictures as I take them! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you blogged from the hospital! And so glad to see the pictures. Meredith is so sweet. And I LOVE the pictures of Mackenzie with her. The one of her looking down you can just see the delight in her face. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...