Monday, June 27, 2011

The post where I attempt to blog

So, I haven't blogged in over a week. This could mean one of the following:

1. I have nothing to say - bloggers block
2. I have something to say, but I'm too busy to blog.
3. I am too busy, but still have nothing to say.
4. I am too lazy to upload pics in order to have something to say.

The answer is sort of a combination of things, but mostly it's bloggers block. So, I'm going with a list today to help me get out of my slump.

1. Mackenzie is in the "incessant question" phase right now. As in, "momma, what's that?" and "momma, what's that?" and "momma, what's that?" I love it and hate it at the same time. I love it because she's curious, but it can be a little frustrating when she asks about things she knows the answer to. I've started responding with, "you tell me".

2. We had a great "pool party" at my parents' house the day before Father's Day. My dad had 3 of his 4 children and all 5 grandchildren in the pool with him at the same time. My brother was there, he just didn't swim, so my dad did have everyone there with him. My dad taught my 7 year old nephew how to jump off his shoulders in the pool. Something which he hadn't done in at least 15 years! And of course there's always fun to be had with 3 kids in swim diapers! That's all I'm going to say about that! ;)

3. My goal to go swimming very weekend this summer is going well. This past weekend we played in the sprinklers in our backyard, but we at least donned our swimsuits for the 5th weekend in a row! I'm slowly becoming comfortable in my maternity swimsuit. That, and it's just so darn hot outside, that I don't care as long as I can cool off.

4. Some recent Mackenzie phrases are:
- "Ponies are sweaty" - we think she means dirty
- "I have a dinosaur in my belly"
- "I not talking to you, Momma. I talking to Daddy"

Thanks for those who hung on with my lull between posts as well as my long list today. Maybe this will get me going with more posts soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you about blogging. I've got too much to say, and not enough, at the same time.

    I do miss your posts, so thanks for sticking it there. :)

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...