Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's hot!

There...Let the complaining begin. I still have 3 more months until Meredith arrives and I AM HOT!!!

I've had a summer pregnancy before. Mackenzie was born in September, so I've done the entire Humid Houston summer thing. I remember with Mackenzie that I had cankles by July and Brandon said my toes looked like "little vienna sausages" sometime in August, but I just don't remember being sooooo hot, sooooo soon. But then again, 3 years ago I don't think we were breaking record highs in the 100's in early JUNE! What is that all about?! When we first announced I was pregnant and due in August everyone said, "oh no a summer pregnancy." My response was, "I've done it before and it's not that bad." I truly believed that. It's not like when Brandon and I were planning our pregnancy I said, "well, what if we have record temps and no rain in May and June?" Plus, even if I was that hot before, I think God has a way of making us forget certain aspects of pregnancy so that it's all a happy experience and we do it again! ;) Maybe this was one of those things for me. (The other was my hip issues - I remember my hips hurting, but I had forgotten how bad until I was pregnant again!)

This past Saturday to try to beat the heat, Mackenzie and I went to the neighborhood pool right when they opened at 9:00am. We stayed until about 10:45 and had a good time. It's not too bad in the early morning and since it's so hot during the day, the pool isn't really that cold first thing in the morning. That's going to be my goal this summer - try to go to the pool in the morning or evening at least once every weekend. Mackenzie really enjoys swimming around and I think by the end of the summer she'll be so much better and be able to float more on her own and not feel the need to never let go of my hand. So far I'm 2 for 2 on the weekends since Memorial Day - off to a great start!

This morning I had to walk the jobsite and so I went first thing and only had to be outside from 7:30 to 8:15 and then I walked the interior of the building. It wasn't blazing hot yet, but it was plenty humid and I could feel my hair sticking to the back of my neck and matting to my head under my hardhat. Awesome, huh? Sometimes this weather makes me want to cut off all my hair instead of growing it out but the problem is, I would never cut it shorter than chin length and once it's that short, I can't pull it back in a pony tail, so it just stays on my neck anyway.

Well as the summer temps continue to climb for then next 3 months, I'll try to keep my complaining to a minimum here on the blog! Although, Brandon and others around me on consistent basis will most likely here more about it! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! I feel for you! We just went for a walk after dinner and had to turn around because it was too cold. Go figure! I hope the record heat slows down soon! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...