Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's about time!

I finally got a library card! I haven't had a local library card since high school! It's not that I haven't been to the library since then, it's just that during college I used my ID and the campus libraries. I have been to the local library by our old house once since Grad school, but never took the time to get a card or check out any books.

So finally, on Saturday morning after some play time at a couple of parks, Mackenzie and I went to the local library about 5 minutes from our house and I signed up for a library card. Yay!

Mackenzie really liked the Library, of course and enjoyed sitting in the kids area and reading the books they had out on a smaller shelf. The only thing I'm not fond of is the card catalog is on the other side of the library from the kids area, so I had to take her with me to the computer and she didn't have enough patience for me to look up books for her. In the end, I just picked some random books in the children's section and found one book on an end aisle for me to check out. Total, I checked out 8 books for her and 1 book for me. She was very excited and we had to read a couple of them before her nap that afternoon. I guess you could say I was excited too, since I started reading my book at 3:30 that afternoon and finished by Sunday afternoon. It was a quick read and only took about 4 or 5 hours total reading time, but it was nice to find a book that I could get back into reading with. I'm also excited because I can download books onto my nook and read them from there. I'm on a waiting list for a book right now and can't wait to try borrowing books that way.

I think we'll go back this weekend and exchange our books, but this time, I've already looked up some authors names, so that I know exactly where to go to find the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...