Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vicious Cycles

Mackenzie likes to count and sing for us. We love it, but most of the time she ends in what we've dubbed the "vicious cycle". Here's an example:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 11, 12, 13, 11, 12, 13, 11, 12, 13"...vicious cycle.

She will continue to repeat "11, 12, 13" until Brandon and I continue to count with her to 20 or she just stops on her own.

Her two favorite songs tend to enter the vicious cycle as well.

Twinkle Twinkle:
"Twinkle, Twinkle, little star.
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, Twinkle, little star.
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, Twinkle, little star.
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high"...vicious cycle.

Jesus loves me:
"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so.
Little ones to...this I know, for the bible tells me so.
Little ones to...this I know, for the bible tells me so.
Little ones to...this I know, for the bible tells me so.
Little ones to...this I know, for the bible tells me so."...vicious cycle.

If I help her with "little ones to Him belong", then she continues with the song and knows the rest of the words, but other wise that one little line turns her into a broken record. ;)

I think it's really cute and I'm going to try to get on video, so maybe I'll be able to post it later this week for your entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...