Friday, April 22, 2011

Unpacking

I started unpacking all of the baby stuff this past weekend. I started with the bottles/sippy cups/pacifiers...and moved onto the blankets/bibs and shoes. Mackenzie was in the room with me "helping" me. I think it was good for her, though because by the time she tried on all of the new born shoes, she had agreed that they Meredith's and not hers.

She also had fun trying every pacifier to make sure it was ok. Since she stopped taking a pacifier at 4 months, I think she only knew about pacifiers from her baby doll, so this was something new. Again, once she tried all of them once, she was done.

I can't believe how much stuff we have. I did two loads of laundry just of bibs, burb cloths and blankets! I didn't even touch the clothes yet. Maybe I'll start that in a couple of weeks. There's no telling how many loads of laundry that's going to be. Making room for that stuff is the easy part, since she has a dresser, but finding room for the bottles and baby sippy cups - now that was hard to do! I've always had 2 shelves in the kitchen dedicated to Mackenzie for her utensils, plates, bowls and sippy cups, but now, I have to have room for that PLUS the bottles, baby utensils, and baby sippy cups! For now, some of it is occupying a top shelf that requires a stool for access, but I'll move it down later. Maybe I'll get back to that when I'm in more of a nesting mode instead of an "oh my goodness look at all of this stuff" mode!

Don't get me wrong, I really want to have another baby, but I definitely see the benefit in having them closer together so that all of the baby stuff is out at once rather than combining it with toddler stuff. But, people have done it before me and people will do it after me, so it's not that big of a deal. I just need to make room! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for y'all to have another baby! I love hearing you talk about Meredith and Mackenzie trying on her little newborn size shoes. Life with two kids is crazy but so indescribably wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting so excited about Meredith! I was already thinking about how I can come and visit and help for a couple of days like I did with Mackenzie. Plus, I would also get to play with Mackenzie! We'll see as it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...