Friday, April 29, 2011

Middle Names

Brandon and I are still trying to decide on a middle name for Meredith. Originally, Brandon thought that it would be nice to pick an "L" name so that the girls would have the same initials. I immediately nixed this, claiming I needed some way to distinguish their clothes, backpacks, lunches or toys in the future.

We've yet to agree on a name because Brandon is so picky! No Brooke, no Kate, no Paige, no Abigail...the rejection list goes on and on. ;)

Last night I looked thought the Pottery Barn Kids magazine looking mainly at the names monogrammed on the products. One of the names I read and suggested was "Lucy". I then followed with, "but we don't want to use that because it's an "L" name. Brandon's reply was, "why not, I like the name Lucy." He finally likes something...

So, my question is, do you think it's a bad idea to have your childrens' initials be exactly the same? I'm starting to lean towards it being ok, but I'm still undecided. Do you like "Meredith Lucy"? Do you have any other suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Different initials would be helpful at times, but I don't think I would count out a name yall like just because of that.

    Meredith Lucy is cute. I know a Meredith Leigh (but that's another L).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would perfectly fine to have the same initials. They are going to pick out their own backpacks and lunchboxes. Being almost 3 years apart, they will pick out different ones. Clothes will be obviously different sizes. I just don't see it being a problem. Toys, they will share or have age appropriate ones. Having the same, or different - either one will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the initials are an issue, either. If anything, it might help with hand-me-downs.

    What about "Viera" for a middle name? Just teasing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...