Saturday, April 9, 2011

Las Vegas

Last week Brandon and I met Brandon's brother and sister-in-law in Vegas to celebrate our anniversaries a little early. Dustin and Aubrey will celebrate their 5 year anniversary in May and Brandon and I 10 years in June. We were there for 2 1/2 days and had a great time. Brandon and I didn't gamble much at all, but we ate lots of great food! And we walked A LOT!

First, let me say that when Aubrey and I booked the flights back in January, I don't really know what we were thinking! We both booked flights leaving Houston/Dallas at 6:00am. Yes, that means Brandon and I left our house at 4:00am! I was a little nervous about the full body scan since I'm pregnant, so I opted for the "pat down", which wasn't really that bad. The media coverage made it sound like it was going to be a bunch of groping, but it seemed perfectly fine to me. Anyways, we got on the plane and left Houston while it was still dark! I didn't realize we were going to fly over the Grand Canyon, so that was nice surprise.

We arrived in Vegas at 7:30 and went straight to the hotel to check in and have breakfast. We stayed at the Venetian Hotel which was very nice.
After breakfast, we started our walk down the strip, which I think ended up being about 4 or 5 miles by the time we got back to our hotel. Needless to say we all took an afternoon nap so we would be nice and refreshed when we saw the Blue Man Group that night. They were great and one of my favorite things we did while we were there!

Our second day there we found a cute little restaurant for lunch and ate outside, since the weather was great. After lunch we went to the top of the Eiffel tower (or at least the Paris hotel miniature) and saw Vegas from a much higher view point.
That evening we had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Mario Batali's B&B Ristorante! So delicious! We left straight from there to go to Graceland Wedding Chapel to watch Elvis walk Aubrey down the aisle as she and Dustin renewed their vows! Very fun!
All in all, we had great time and all of the free shows outside the different hotels were very cool. I took about 30 pictures just of the fountains at the Bellagio! So cool.

I will say, that if you ever go to Vegas - DO NOT waste your time waiting for the show at Treasure Island! Horrible - horrible. We waited for 20 minutes and within 2 minutes of it starting we were ready to walk away. We stayed a little longer hoping it would get better, but gave up and left long before the end. How come no one tells you that it's bad before you go??? Why do so many people go see it if it's that bad???

Below are some miscellaneous pictures of the different hotels. Of course I don't have a single picture of me or Brandon, so my only proof that these are my pictures is that they were taken from my camera! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...