Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Burned out

After finally getting back into reading last year, I got off to a great start at the beginning of the year! By the end of February, I had read 7 books!

And now in the middle of April, I've read 7 books this year! ;) Yep...I burned myself out. I love to read, but I think I read so many in such a short period of time that I just got tired of reading! I haven't been tired of reading since my honors English class in high school!

It probably didn't help that I chose a book that is super long and not quite what I thought it would be. Be careful of Mr. Darcy takes a Wife, it's not quite the continuation of Pride and Prejudice that I thought it would be. It's a little too much on the sex and murder side for me. Not really Jane Austin-ish.

I think I need to scrap that book and start another book that I can really get into so that I'll start reading again. I think I might read one of my favorite books that I've read several times just because I know I'll like it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for books I should read? I don't really care for murder/mystery books, but all others I enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I just started reading "The Weird Sisters". It got really good reviews, and I have been enjoying it. Three sisters who were raised by a father who taught Shakespeare. It is modern day, with snippets of humorous quotes from Shakespeare. I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my signed copy of "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Christian fiction junkie! Francine Rivers is my absolute fave. Have read all but 2 and loved all!!! Right now I"m reading a Jeanette Oke/Davis Bunn collaboration called "Acts of Faith" trilogy. It's set in 1st C Rome and the beginning of the church. I'm really liking it! :) Can't wait to hear what you pick!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...