Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reading and Relaxin'

I love walking into Mackenzie's playroom and finding her reading her books! It always makes me smile! I remember being nervous when Mackenzie was a year old and I wasn't reading to her on a regular basis. I kept thinking that she wasn't going to like books or that I was hindering her learning some how. The truth was she didn't have the attention span to sit in my lap for even a few pages of a book let alone an entire book! Now our bedtime routine include reading 3 or 4 books every night and she loves to just sit in her room and "read" her books.

I learned with these pictures to be sneaky when taking my pictures and to not let on that I'm going to take a picture until I've already taken at least one. The day before I had found her reading her bible on the couch and I said, "let me get my camera". As soon as I said that, she said, " no momma" and got off the couch. It's a shame because it would have been such a good picture! Oh well, lesson learned...as you can tell from the picture above. Although I think it also had something to do with her being in a better mood, since she also smiled for me! ;)

2 comments:

  1. That is just so sweet to see! She will love to read! That's what Nathan used to do, just sit and read, read, read when he was a toddler. And he still loves to read. She looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like momma, like daughter! I love that her little feet are up! TOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...