Friday, January 21, 2011

decorating help...please????

I've always wanted built ins in my house so that I could display all of my "stuff". I finally got built-ins in our new house and I find myself unsure about how I should display/organize everything. So here is what's currently on display:

What do you think? Does it look to cluttered? Does it look too bland? I got a few new pieces at Christmas that I think helped brighten it up and it from all looking the same. I'm trying to figure out how to make my crystal pop. Since it's clear, it just blends right in with the white wall. Should I try to add a background to some of the sections? Would you do just one item on each shelf? I'd love some ideas on how to make it better! Help me!!!

2 comments:

  1. What about using some cute fabric as a background on the shelved? Check this post of a blog I read. It might give you the color you need without painting.

    http://snowplacelikehome.blogspot.com/2010/12/happys-home-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shelves! I like to mix stuff in and around my books, putting smaller items up onto them for height/interest. So I'd suggest playing around with that and maybe adding a few larger pieces for more punch--like a plate on a display holder or some of your framed photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...