Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Ornaments - Birthstone

I love to decorate the Christmas Tree. It's always so much fun to pull out all of the ornaments and look at each one and remember who gave it to you or where you bought it.

Several years ago, my parents bought all of the "kids and grandkids" birthstone ornaments. They are glass ornaments in the color of our birthstone.

Brandon's birthday is in May: Emerald. I love the deep green of his ornament.

My birthday is in February, so I have this beautiful deep purple for Amethyst.

And last, but not least, Mackenzie was born in September, also known for Saphires.

Mackenzie's was bought the year after we all received our ornaments and I just noticed in the pictures that she has a different design than mine and Brandon's. I guess the company changes the design every year.

I bet a tree full of the 12 different birthstones would be beautiful, but I don't plan to have anywhere near that number of children, so I'll just have to imagine! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of birthstone ornaments. I love them!

    My mom is one of 13 kids. A few years ago her and her siblings gave my grandma a mother's ring with all their birthstones. It has always reminded me of Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...