Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ornaments - fun

For my last installment of our Christmas tree ornaments, I'm going to share with you our fun or quirky ornaments.

We have to have one of these!
I, of course, have to have ornaments from one of my all time favorite books and movie!
This goes along with the first one, but with some extra bling! ;)
I bought these elephant ornaments in Fredericksburg a couple of years ago. These are two of the ornaments that were still unopened since we didn't have a big tree the last two years. These will probably be ornaments that I'll give Mackenzie when she's older to go with her elephant collection in her room.
And last but not least - the pickle ornament! According to it's box and the internet, "In Old World Germany, the last decoration placed on the Christmas Tree was always a pickle...carefully hidden deep in the boughs. Legend has it that the observant child who found it on Christmas Day was blessed with a year of good fortune...and a special gift."
It's on the tree now, but Mackenzie doesn't know she's supposed to be looking for it. I'll probably move it lower on the tree and have her look for it on Christmas day. Of course she has a great advantage of being the first child to find it since we have no other children! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...