Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let the countdown begin...

We are so ready for Christmas. This year, I was able to put up all of my decorations and didn't realize how many "Christmas countdown" calendars I had until they were all up!

I got this one years ago when Brandon and I were first married.

Rhonda made me this calendar last year. I still need to buy some jelly beans or some sort of candy for Mackenzie for each day.

I bought this one a couple of weeks ago.

And finally, we are using our tree from last year as our Jesse Tree this year.

A group of 25 women from our old church got together and made/exchanged ornaments that will tell the lineage of Jesus. Each night we will read scripture and open the corresponding ornament for that event and hang it on the tree. By Christmas day we will have gone through the Bible and reached the birth of Jesus. I was unable to go to the exchange the other night to see all of the ornaments, so I'm very excited to see what all of the ornaments look like. I made Joseph's coat of many colors, so that's the only one I've seen. I'll try to remember to take a picture after we've put all 25 ornaments on the tree so everyone can see.

So now that it's December, is anyone else counting down?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing that about the Jesse Tree! I looked it up online and found printable images and text. We are going to start that tonight! I figure over time I can add 3 dimensional items to represent each day. Love all of your advent calendars. How does the one with the glass circle work? Is it magnetic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jessee Tree is TOO cool! Glad to see that Rhonda found a handy dandy website. I'll be checking too! :)

    Now, here is the question of the day at our house...do you count from 1 up to 25 or start at 25 and go down. We currently have both ways...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda and I were just talking about that the other day. I count 1 to 25, but I'm sure it depends on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...