Sunday, October 10, 2010

A fun Saturday

Yesterday I decided that Mackenzie and I needed to do something fun. I feel like all I've done every weekend for the last two months was either pack or unpack. And even though last weekend was Mackenzie's party, it wasn't exactly relaxing. So, yesterday Mackenzie and I ventured to the Children's Museum!

We got there right when it opened at 10:00 and didn't leave until 1:30! We took about a 15 minute break for lunch, but the rest of the time Mackenzie was running around and playing. We had so much fun!


She loved these little doors complete with a door bell that she must have pushed at least 100 times!

I've discovered as long as the animal isn't real, Mackenzie really likes them. This is her pretending to be a veterinarian.

Shopping in the little grocery store. I love what's in her basket - a donut, a strawberry, a banana and a fish in her hand! A perfect dinner! ;)

She looks real excited to be a forensic scientist, huh?

The water was by far her favorite. Several times she tried to climb in and play in the water.




Within 5 minutes of leaving the museum, Mackenzie was asleep! She slept all the way home and then we both slept until 4 once we got home! It was soooo nice to take an afternoon nap - it's been a while since I've had one. ;)

I don't think we saw/did everything at the museum, so I can't wait to go again next time and see some more! I'm ready to get back to some more relaxing weekends and Saturday was just what I was looking for. If you haven't been to the children's museum lately - Go! ;)

2 comments:

  1. We L-O-V-E the museum!!! Every time there is a new favorite activity. So glad that you got to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and Mackenzie had
    such a enjoyable Saturday
    together.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...