So I found this list the other night - "6 Things to do every day". I won't say who the list is from except that it's from a former "perfect" homemaker who went to jail for I think insider trading. Her name might rhyme with Bartha Stewart...maybe. ;)
1. Make your bed. She says if you make your bed, you are more likely to keep the rest of the room orderly. I've never really made my bed much until we put our house on the market. I was hoping it would be something I would continue to do after we sold our house, but alas it has been unmade for a couple of weeks now! ;)
2. Manage Clutter. According to Bartha, we should check a room before we leave it to make sure everything is in it's proper place. AND insist that others in the house do the same. I tend to pick up at the end of evening or every few days depending on how my work day went. Again, I did really well while we were showing our house, but not so much since we've been under contract.
3. Sort the mail. Yay - finally something I do! We typically through junk mail out in the big trashcan and it never makes it into the house.
4. Clean as you cook. I'd like to say I do this, but sometimes what you are cooking doesn't really allow for you to clean as you go. P-dubs enchiladas sure didn't allow for that! ;)
5. Wipe up spills while they are fresh. No problem.
6. Sweep the kitchen floor. I sooooo do NOT do this every day!
As stated I don't do all 6 every day and I'm ok with that! Does anyone do all 6 of these items EVERY day?