Friday, September 17, 2010

2 weeks

For the most part we are completely settled in our new house. There are a few things that still need to be done, but we have gotten back to our old routine with little disruption. I'm actually amazed at how quickly it felt like "home".

When we first moved in, I focused on getting Mackenzie's boxes unpacked and belongings in place. I didn't want her to have any issues adjusting to the new house and again to my surprise she did wonderfully.

She's done great except for one room - her bathroom. She's always loved her bathroom/bathtub and baths. I can't recall ever having any real issues with getting her to take a bath other than the time I made her a bubble bath. That all changed when we moved into this house. From day one she cried before we entered the bathroom and I had to make her sit down in the tub otherwise she'd try to stand and climb out. The tub is pretty much the same, even the faucet is on the same wall as the old house, but something about it scares her. The worst part of all of it is when I drain the tub, it makes a very loud sucking/slurping sound as it funnels down the drain and it really scares her.

I'm proud to say that after 2 weeks of baths, she's finally not scared! Tonight I still had to carry her into the bathroom, but once we were in there she was fine. I've tried to make the slurping drain a game and so when I pull the stopper out, I make a slurping sound and now she does to. Finally, she thinks it's fun again, but she still doesn't play as long as she used to. We'll get there soon, I'm sure.

And just in case you were wondering, I'm not scared of my bathroom at all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...